The Cactus V6 II is the World’s First wireless flash trigger that supports cross-brand high-speed sync (HSS) and can control power output and zoom angle of Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic and Pentax system flashes all at the same time.
Two High-Speed Sync Modes
Normal HSS: Supports shutter speed up to 1/8000s.
Power Sync: Boosts flash contribution above camera’s x-sync speed, perfect for extreme conditions where Normal HSS is not powerful enough.
Cactus also extends HSS capabilities to Fujifilm cameras despite them not yet supporting high-speed sync at the time of writing.
Both the V6 II and IIs now has an automatic LED AF-assist light that makes auto-focusing in dark environments possible – even in pitched-black! Besides the camera-mounted V6 II/IIs, off-camera units will also activate the AF-assist light, which helps focusing even when camera is far from the subject.
V6 II can now auto-detect the on-camera portable flashes at device start-up by selecting the system the flash belongs to and assigning an Auto flash profile. Moreover, it now works with previously unsupported digital-only TTL flash models on the V6 and expands its compatibility. Similarly, the V6 II will auto-detect the camera and selects the system accordingly.4 This simple plug-and-play makes the setting up extremely quick and easy that both amateurs and professionals appreciate.
Flash Profile Customization
Users may still manually choose from more than 60 popular flash models from Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Olympus, Panasonic, Metz, Nissin, etc. should they wish to. And for those who demands the utmost accurate power outputs they may adjust each power level using the Cactus Profile Editor, a computer-installed software that allows the saving of up to 10 personalized flash profiles.
Remote Power and Zoom Control
Besides remote power control, remote zoom control is now available to all compatible TTL flashes, which was only available on Cactus RF60 series Wireless Flash before. This will give photographers much quicker controls by swapping controls of power and zoom settings directly on the V6 II.
The V6 II now allows multiple photographers to trigger off-camera flashes at the same time. Not only is this great for wedding and events, it is also perfect for running photography workshops.
- Cross-brand wireless manual power and zoom control with HSS support of Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic and Pentax flashes;
- Two cross-brand high-speed sync modes:
- Normal HSS supports shutter speeds up to 1/8000s;
- Power Sync boosts flash contribution above camera’s x-sync speed;
- Multi-master supports up to 20 photographers firing the same set of flashes at their own power settings;
- AF-assist light assists focusing in low light environment;
- Flash profile customization ensures accurate power output;
- Work seamlessly with the RF60 series to support HSS and Power Sync;
- Other useful features inherited from the V6 including:
- Lo Power
- Absolute Power
- TTL Pass-through
- Group Sequence
- Sports Shutter
- Remote Shutter
- Relay Mode
- Delay Mode
- Firmware Update support
Flash model profiles pre-installed in V6 II:
Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II HSS models:
– Canon 320EX, 420EX, 430EX, 580EX*, 600EX;
– Godox TT685, V860C;
– Metz 36AF-5, 44AF-1, 50AF-1, 52AF-1, 58AF-1, 58AF-2, 64AF-1;
– Nissin Di600, Di622, Di700, Di866, Di866II, i40, MG8000;
– Phottix MITROS;
– Pixel X650C, X800C;
– Shanny SN600C;
Fujifilm TTL models:
– Fujifilm EF-42;
– Nissin i40;
Nikon D-TTL / iTTL FP models:
– Godox V860N;
– Metz 36AF-5, 44AF-1, 50AF-1, 52AF-1, 58AF-2, 64AF-1;
– Nikon SB-500, SB-600, SB-700, SB-800, SB-900, SB-910;
– Nissin Di600, Di700, Di866, Di866II, MG8000;
– Phottix MITROS;
– Pixel X800N;
– Sigma EF-530;
– Yongnuo 568EX*;
Olympus TTL FP models:
– Metz 44AF-1, 50AF-1, 52AF-1, 58AF-2;
– Olympus FL-36R, FL-50R, FL-600R;
Panasonic TTL FP models:
– Panasonic FL360, FL500;
Pentax P-TTL models:
– Metz 36AF-5, 44AF-1, 50AF-1, 58AF-2; – Pentax AF 360FGZ, AF 540FGZ;
* profiles working with different versions of the model (e.g. 580EX II and 580EX)
Notes on compatibility:
- Cactus V6 II is not compatible with Cactus V6 on firmware version 1.1xxx. Update to the latest firmware (version 2.1.001) on the V6 and the V6 II will be backward-compatible under camera’s x-sync speed;
- Cactus V6 (RX) does not support Normal HSS when triggered by the V6 II;
- • Cactus V6 (RX) supports Power Sync by updating to the latest firmware (version 2.1.001) when triggered by the V6 II;
- Cactus RF60 (RX) supports Normal HSS and Power Sync by updating to new firmware (version 200 and onwards) when triggered by the V6 II;
- Cactus V6 II does not work with any other flash trigger model including Cactus V4, V2s or V2;
- Cactus V6 II does not transmit TTL information wirelessly;
- Cactus V6 II is not compatible with flashes or strobes with reversed polarity connectors;
- Cactus V6 II is compatible with practically all cameras that come with either (1) a standard ISO hot shoe, or (2) a female sync port connection;
- Cactus V6 II is compatible with the Wireless Flash Transceiver V5 and Laser Trigger LV5 for basic flash triggering and shutter release.
- Camera(s) tested that does not support high-speed sync modes on the Cactus V6 II:
- – Fujifilm X-E2 (Updated: July 18, 2016)
- – Fujifilm X100T (Updated: September 7, 2016)
- Cactus V6 II is compatible with the Olympus O-MD E-M1. However, some copies of the E-M1 come with a thicker-than-usual metal hot shoe spring plate which has to be removed when working with the V6 II. Check out how to remove the spring plate in this discussion forum thread. (Updated: August 5, 2016)
- Cactus V6 II is compatible with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8. However, due to special timing requirements by the camera it only supports HSS up to 1/4,000s. (Updated: September 1, 2016)